- To provide fun, engaging, challenging and safe crèche based activities which fulfil the aims and objectives of Therapeutic Recreation.
- To contribute positively to the development of the crèche activity, evening programmes, theme days, special projects and other activities.
- To provide support and encouragement to other staff members and to maintain a physically and emotionally safe environment for the participants
- To relate positively to children and young people and their families.
- To look after the day-time and night-time needs of the campers & families in the cottages, to accompany campers in their activities and provide a fun atmosphere, support, leadership and encouragement.
- To facilitate the campers in all they do and to re-direct inappropriate behaviour if required.
- Ability to build positive relationships with colleagues thus ensuring for a physically and emotionally safe environment for the campers.
This is a new placement role for us at camp. Are you studying photography, digital media or video editing? The duties would include;
- Catching photos of camp in action and making the camp slideshow each weekend.
- Working closely with our Digital Marketing Specialist on the social media pages for camp.
- Getting involved with advertising and promotional materials
During the autumn we run Family Camps and Bereavement Camps for families. We also run one children and teen camp which runs over the Halloween break. Completing your placement at Barretstown is a truly unforgettable experience – fun activities, lots of laughs and the knowledge that you are directly helping seriously ill kids and their families turn their lives around. All opportunities are residential with food and accommodation provided for the duration of placement. Supervision and guidance is provided for all students.
Some of the third level institutions we currently work with are DCU, Tralee IT, Mary I, Carlow IT, Sligo It, Dundalk IT, and GMIT
The students are studying courses such as Early Childhood Education, Social Care, Adapted Sports, Sports Science and Health, Outdoor Education or similar.