Join Barretstown’s new Residential TY Experience, here on the beautiful 500-acre Barretstown campus. We host 5-day/4-night, all-inclusive residential programmes for TY classes, where the focus is self-development in a fun & unique environment.
What is this Residential TY Programme that everyone is talking about?
Barretstown’s Residential TY Programme is an exciting residential experience which takes place on our amazing 500-acre campus in Co. Kildare. Our 5 day/4 night programmes (Monday-Friday) run throughout the school year. The programme helps students develop leadership, communication, decision making and problem-solving skills, strengthen existing class bonds through fun team building activities and challenges, and gain insights into the work Barretstown does to support children and families affected by serious illness. While at Barretstown, students will have access to the expertise and knowledge of our amazing team and campus, including our new residential facilities, teaching spaces, outdoor activities, amphitheatre, media studios and gardens. Full board is included with accommodation in our state of the art newly built accommodation building ‘Paul’s Hideout’ and meals served in our award-winning dining hall, ‘Elizabeth’s Tree House’.
We can cater for school groups of 25 – 75 students per school and each 5-day/4-night programme will run from Monday morning until Friday afternoon.
The TY Residential Programme aims to develop valuable life and leadership skills with an emphasis on personal development, though workshops on communications, decision making and problem solving.
Fun is the central element to everything we do at Barretstown. Students will enjoy some of the Barretstown magic through team building challenges, adventure activities and our engaging evening programme.
We are now taking bookings for Autumn 2023 / Spring 2024 and have limited availability still for Spring 2023.
Here are some ideas of different ways to safely fundraise as a group and as individuals:
- Sponsored cycle / exercise bike challenges;
- Sponsored runs - 100km in a week
- Online busking or outdoor, socially-distanced buskathon
- Sponsored chores at home - gardening etc.
- sponsored car-wash
- Sponsored fancy dress day in school
- Neighbourhood raffles
- Readathon challenge
- Break-an-obscure-world-record challenge
- Sponsored silences : an hour, a day, a weekend
- Non-uniform day in school (students donate to wear their own clothes to school, one day a month)
- Dog-walking for neighbours
- Sponsored cooking family dinner 1 night a week for a month
We have a few more ideas on our Cabin Fever Challenges page; check them out!
- Football / GAA challenges: keepy-uppy challenges, relays etc.
- Stair-climb challenge: certain amount of stair climbs per day for a month
- Make Christmas cards and sell them to raise funds
- Craft sale : make art, auction it off on your online JustGiving page
- Donate your Christmas: instead of presents, ask people to donate to your TY fund
- Donate your birthday: instead of presents, ask people to donate to your TY fund
- Sponsored hair cuts / head shaves
- Christmas Carols singing (get local radio involved?)
There are lots and lots of options; you can do one or do a few - or come up with your own!
Make use of online fundraising platforms like JUSTGIVING, so that many people can contribute to the one total, and funds come directly to Barretstown; so it's simple and transparent to use!
Read our programme terms and conditions here:2022 - 2023
In order for our site to work properly and constantly evaluate and improve your experience we need to store small files called cookies on your computer. Over 90% of all websites do this, however, since the 25th of May 2011 we are required by EU regulations to obtain your consent first. If this is OK, tick the consent box below. Otherwise we will have to keep prompting you with this message. What do you say?
Help more children experience the magic of Barretstown: