The following policies are agreed to in signing the volunteer induction and agreement.
· I will not use my own personal camera to take photographs of children
· I will not post pictures and/or names of campers or families on the internet or in any publications.
· I will not take any videos while at camp, of campers or staff.
This is in the interest of camper privacy. We encourage staff to be aware of the privacy of their fellow staff, and to seek consent before posting staff photos as well.
- I will not create a link to the Barretstown website without receiving prior written approval from camp; this includes referring to Barretstown on social media sites, for example #Barretstown etc.
#Barretstown is not allowed in any social networking sites unless permission by Barretstown is granted.
- I will not share my personal contact information with campers or
- I understand that Barretstown does not condone communication with campers or families outside of camp via email, phone or post.
At Barretstown, we appreciate that campers and staff develop a unique and trusting relationship during their time at camp. While these relationships are positive during their time at camp, they cannot continue outside of the camp. If campers wish to get in touch with you after camp they must use the following email address – email@example.com
Social Networking Sites
- I will not add, “Befriend” or communicate with any camper (including leaders in training and families), via social networking
- Barretstown hosts an official Barretstown social networking page on the following site’s – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Snapchat; I will seek written permission before using the camp name or logo on social networking sites or refer to Barretstown on social media.
We encourage staff to be aware of their privacy settings as regards social networking sites, personal websites etc. Having public pages means that campers and parents can access personal information. When referencing Barretstown, keep in mind other conduct that can then be associated with Barretstown (such as obscenities, profanities, derogatory comments etc., and other such conduct that would not be tolerated at camp). We encourage staff to keep in mind that once identified as staff at Barretstown, you are seen an ambassador of Barretstown to the campers and staff that you have met here.
· I understand that possession or consumption of alcohol and drugs on camp property is strictly prohibited.
· When returning to work from my time off, I will not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and will be fit to return to my role.
· I will not wear Barretstown clothing while consuming alcohol off site.
- I agree to only smoke cigarettes in the designated smoking area, and during appropriate times (hour off, at night)
- As a Cara I understand that I am required to be in my cottage by 12 midnight on each night with the exception of cottage watch.
- I am aware that I will be assigned one activity block off per day during a full camp day.
- I understand that this is the only time I am able to leave site during the session, and must sign
- I understand that if I require additional time off, or need to leave site for any reason outside of my allocated time off, I will seek consent from the Camp Director
· I will not take or possess property belonging to someone else, without the permission of the owner.
· I will not take or possess property belonging to camp, without the permission of the Camp Director
- I will not engage in behaviour that is offensive with regard to one’s race, gender, culture, sexual orientation, or religion
- I will not engage in discrimination or
- I am aware of, and will strictly adhere to, Barretstown’s 2 Adult policy at all times
- I will report any concerns or disclosures of abuse to the Camp Director Immediately, and respect the confidentiality of the situation
- I will respect camper confidentiality at all times, both at and outside of Barretstown
Abuse Allegations against an Employee
- Child Abuse is a serious criminal offence. As a staff member with responsibility of caring for children, employees or volunteers may be placed in a sensitive situation, making them vulnerable to charges of child
- Barretstown is committed to the protection of staff, volunteers and The first priority is to ensure that no child is exposed to unnecessary risk and relevant protective measures should be taken. For example the 2 Adult Policy.
- If an allegation of abuse is made against a staff member or volunteer– the procedures outlined in the full policy should be This is on the provision that the allegation of abuse is handled according to the Childcare Policies and Procedure.